Acceptance of Service1. By accessing or using the humans. website, the humans. service, or any applications (including mobile applications) made available by humans. (together, the "Service"), however accessed, you agree to be bound by these Terms of Service. These Terms of Service affect your legal rights and obligations. If you do not agree to be bound by all of these Terms of Service, do not access or use the Service.
2. Although humans. may attempt to notify its users when major changes are made to these Terms of Service, they should periodically be reviewed for the most up-to-date version. humans. may, in its sole discretion, modify or revise these Terms of Service and policies at any time, and the User agrees to be bound by such modifications or revisions. Nothing in these Terms of Service shall be deemed to confer any third-party rights or benefits.
3. These Terms of Service apply to all users of the Service, including users who are "Visitors" and those who are "Contributors" on the Service. Contributors are defined as "Content Creators and Uploading Users" while Visitors are defined as "General Account Users" of the humans. service who may participate by viewing content or generating activity, but not necessarily create content and upload material.
4. "Content" uploaded by Contributors is regarded as a photograph, "portrait", taken via a mobile, regular or professional photo-capturing device and shared publicly with an accompanying "Caption" of up to 1000 characters. The Caption here refers to the conversation, quote or insight that is inspired from the Subject of the photograph and that which the contributor deems noteworthy to be shared on their humans. account. Other contributors and general users may view on, access through, or contribute to the uploaded material via the humans. Service.
5. The Service may contain links to third party websites that are not owned or controlled by humans.. These may include links to personal sites of Contributors or even General Users and humans. has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for, the content, privacy policies, or practices of any third party websites. In addition, humans. will not and cannot censor or edit the content of any third-party site. By using the Service, the User expressly relieves humans. from any and all liability arising from their use of any third-party website.
Contributor Responsibilities1. Upon upload of a Story to humans., where a Story is the post consisting of a photograph and a Caption, the User agrees to the following:
• The User has gained consent of subject(s) of the Story to take their picture.
• The User has informed subject(s) of the Story that the Story will be electronically published on the internet, available to be seen by any other user using the humans. service or other interconnected social media.
2. Any objection brought against the publishing of the Story will hold the User responsible for not gaining appropriate permission. The humans. Benefit Corporation will not be responsible. Furthermore, humans. does not endorse any Content submitted to the Service by any user or other licensor, or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and humans. expressly disclaims any and all liability in connection with Content.
3. humans. will consider requests to remove a specific story when the Story violates copyright laws or is inappropriate. However, any distribution of the image on other platforms through sharing functionalities cannot be removed by humans.. That will be up to the discretion of the respective sites.
4. The images belong to the User granted under a Creative Commons License and the User retains all ownership rights of their uploaded Content. However, by submitting Content to humans., the User hereby grants humans. a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, sub-licensable and transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, publish, adapt, make available online or electronically transmit, and perform the Content in connection with the Service and humans.' (and its successors' and affiliates') business, including without limitation for promoting and redistributing part or all of the Service (and derivative works thereof) in any media formats and through any media channels.
5. The User also hereby grants each user of the Service a non-exclusive license to access their Content through the Service. Users understand and agree, however, that humans. may retain, but not display, distribute, or perform, server copies of your photographs that have been removed or deleted.
6. Any attempt to defame, mock, taunt or politicize a subject in a Story based on a matter not explicitly made clear in the caption and one that holds up of negative value in front of an editorial committee is against the humans. policies. Such photos will be taken down immediately.
7. The User agrees to represent stories as accurately as possible on their humans. account. Representation of another person in a defamatory, embarrassing or inaccurate way can lead to the User being banned from the humans. community and can have legal action taken against them if shows persistence.
8. humans. will not be held liable in any judicial confrontation relating with a third party and the User, pertaining under these Terms of Service.
General User Responsibilities1. As a humans. account holder, the User may submit Content to the Service. The user shall be solely responsible for their own Content and the consequences of submitting and publishing their Content on the Service. The User affirms, represents, and warrants that they own or have the necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to publish Content submitted.
2. Content is provided to users AS IS. The User may access Content for information and personal use solely as intended through the provided functionality of the Service.
3. The User may never use another User's account without permission. If users are not logging in via Facebook platform, while creating their account they must provide accurate and complete information. Users are solely responsible for the activity that occurs on their account, and must keep their account password secure. Users must notify humans. immediately of any breach of security or unauthorized use of their account.
4. Although humans. will not be liable for user losses caused by any unauthorized use of their account, users may be liable for the losses of humans. or others due to such unauthorized use.
5. The User agrees not to alter or modify any part of the Service.
6. The User agrees not to access Content through any technology or means other than the application Service itself, shared material on linked platforms or other explicitly authorized means humans. may designate.
7. The User agrees not to use the Service for any of the following commercial uses unless they obtain humans. prior written approval:
• The sale of access to the Service
• The sale of advertising, sponsorships, or promotions placed on or within the Service Prohibited commercial uses however do NOT include:
• Uploading an original portrait to humans., or maintaining an original account on humans., to promote artistic enterprise
• Sharing humans. portraits through the available functionality on an ad-enabled platform subject to commercial restrictions set by law
• Any use that humans. expressly authorizes in writing
8. The User understands that when using the Service, they will be exposed to Content from a variety of people, from different parts of the world and from different cultures and that humans. is not responsible for the accuracy, usefulness, safety, or intellectual property rights of or relating to such Content. The User further understands and acknowledges that they may be exposed to Content that is inaccurate, offensive, indecent, or objectionable, and they agree to waive, and hereby do waive, any legal or equitable rights or remedies they have or may have against humans. with respect thereto, and, to the extent permitted by applicable law, agree to indemnify and hold harmless humans., its owners, operators, affiliates, licensors, and licensees to the fullest extent allowed by law regarding all matters related to the use of the Service.
Copyright and Reproduction1. The Content on the Service, and the trademarks, service marks and logos ("Marks") on the Service, are owned by or licensed to humans. and the content uploaders, subject to copyright and other intellectual property rights under the law.
2. The User agrees that Content submitted to the Service will not contain third party copyrighted material and acknowledges needs to be legally entitled to post the material and to grant humans. all of the license rights granted herein. humans. does not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights on the Service, and humans. will remove all Content if properly notified that such Content infringes on another's intellectual property rights. humans. reserves the right to remove Content without prior notice.
3. The User agrees not to distribute other User Content in any medium without humans.' prior written authorization, unless humans. makes available the means for such distribution through functionality offered by the Service (such as sharing links to Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, etc.).
4. The User agrees they shall not copy, reproduce, make available online or electronically transmit, publish, adapt, distribute, transmit, broadcast, display, sell, license, or otherwise exploit any other Uploading User's Content for any other purposes without the prior written consent of humans. or the respective licensors, uploading Users, of the Content. humans. and its licensors reserve all rights not expressly granted in and to the Service and the Content.
Technical Compliance1. The User agrees that humans. may automatically download and install updates from time to time. These updates are designed to improve, enhance and further develop the application and may take the form of bug fixes, enhanced functions, new software modules and completely new versions. The User agrees to receive such updates (and permit humans. to deliver these to the User) as part of their use of the Service.
2. The User agrees not to use or launch any automated system that accesses the Service for any reason, including but not limited to generating activity or uploading content.
3. The User agrees not to collect or harvest any personally identifiable information, including account names, from the Service, nor to use the communication systems provided by the Service (e.g., comments, email) for any commercial solicitation purposes. The User agrees not to solicit, for commercial purposes, any users of the Service with respect to their Content.
4. In the User's practice of the Service, they will comply with all applicable laws.
5. humans. reserves the right to discontinue any aspect of the Service at any time.