Acceptance of ServiceBy accessing or using the humans. website, the humans. service, or any applications (including mobile applications) made available by humans. (together, the "Service"), however accessed, you agree that we may collect and process some information. Depending on your use of the Services, that may include: 1. Information (such as your name and email) that you provide by completing forms on humans, including if you register as a user of the Services, subscribe to our newsletters, upload or submit any material through humans, or request any information;
2. Your login details (username and token), in connection with the account sign-in process;
3. Details of any requests or transactions you may make through the Services;
4. Information about your activity on and interaction with humans, such as your IP address and the type of device or browser you use;
5. Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem);
6. Information that you submit to humans in the form of comments, contributions to discussions, or messages to other users.
7. Humans may access your contact lists on third party websites you post to or may log – in from (the use of Facebook log-in would warrant such a clause) This would be to ensure a quality experience for users so as to allow facilitation of networking with friends perhaps on other platforms.
2. We may remove parts of data that can identify you and share anonymized data with other parties. We may also combine your information with other information in a way that it is no longer associated with you and share that aggregated information.
3. Log file information is automatically reported by your browser each time you make a request to access (i.e., visit) a web page or app. It can also be provided when the content of the webpage or app is downloaded to your browser or device.
4. When you use our Service, our servers would be allowed to automatically record certain log file information, including your web request, Internet Protocol ("IP") address, browser type, referring / exit pages and URLs, number of clicks and how you interact with links on the Service, domain names, landing pages, pages viewed, and other such information. We may also collect similar information from emails sent to our Users which then help us track which emails are opened and which links are clicked by recipients. The information allows for more accurate reporting and improvement of the Service.
5. When you use a mobile device like a tablet or phone to access our Service, we may access, collect, monitor, store on your device, and/or remotely store one or more "device identifiers." Device identifiers are small data files or similar data structures stored on or associated with your mobile device, which uniquely identify your mobile device. A device identifier may be data stored in connection with the device hardware, data stored in connection with the device's operating system or other software, or data sent to the device by humans.
6. A device identifier may deliver information to us or to a third party partner about how you browse and use the Service and may help us or others provide reports or personalized content.
Use of Information1. This data will not be publicly displayed or revealed to other users:
• Any financial/payment information you provide
• Your password details
• Your IP address
• Your phone number
• Communications you send to us (for example, when you ask for
2. We don’t give your personal information to any third-party services. When we share data with third-party services that support our Services, we require that they protect your personal information to the same standards we do. support, send us questions or comments, or report a problem)
3. We will use the personal information you provide to:
• Identify you when you sign in to your account;
• Enable us to provide you with the Services;
• Send you communications we think you may find useful, but only in accordance with your email preferences;
• Show portraits and stories to you when you use the Services which we believe will be of interest based on your geographic location and previous use of the Services;
• Administer your account with us;
• Enable us to contact you regarding any question you make through the Services;
• Analyze the use of the Services and the people visiting to improve our content and Services; and
• Use for other purposes that we may disclose to you when we request your information. We do not and will not sell your data.
• Help you efficiently access your information after you sign in
• Remember information so you will not have to re-enter it during your visit or the next time you visit the Service;
• Provide personalized content and information to you and others,
• Provide, improve, test, and monitor the effectiveness of our Service
• Develop and test new products and features
• Monitor metrics such as total number of visitors, traffic, and demographic patterns
• Diagnose or fix technology problems
• Automatically update the humans application on your device
Legal Obligations1. We may access, preserve and share your information in response to a legal request (like a search warrant, court order or subpoena) if we have a good faith belief that the law requires us to do so. This may include responding to legal requests from jurisdictions outside of the United States where we have a good faith belief that the response is required by law in that jurisdiction, affects users in that jurisdiction, and is consistent with internationally recognized standards. We may also access, preserve and share information when we have a good faith belief it is necessary to: detect, prevent and address fraud and other illegal activity; to protect ourselves, you and others, including as part of investigations; and to prevent death or imminent bodily harm. Information we receive about you may be accessed, processed and retained for an extended period of time when it is the subject of a legal request or obligation, governmental investigation, or investigations concerning possible violations of our terms or policies, or otherwise to prevent harm.
2. Following termination or deactivation of your account, humans or its Service Providers may retain information (including your profile information) and User Content for a commercially reasonable time for backup, archival, and/or audit purposes.